Friday, July 29, 2011

rehearsal

day 319:


it's finally here!!


matt and julia are getting married tomorrow :)


it's funny how when you are a part of something you don't really get to take great pictures. i suppose that's why people hire photographers.


i was trying to enjoy the rehearsal and mess with the settings on my camera and it wasn't working.


i ended up getting a couple of shots, but i didn't get very good ones.


the photographer in me kept thinking, "oh that would be cute from that angle..." or "if i could just stand over there i could get a great shot...", but the sister/best friend in me kept losing focus on taking pictures and got caught up in the night.


so now that i'm looking at my pictures i'm thinking about how it's hard to enjoy a night and be a photographer at the same time. i'm not sure you can do both... at least i don't think i can... when i am taking pictures i want to focus on that only, which means i'm not socializing. 








we'll see how tomorrow goes... i'll try to get some great pictures, but i'm not promising anything special.

1 comment:

kristen_lavalley said...

Being a photographer means that you are no longer allowed to enjoy yourself at weddings!! Haha. At least for me, that is. I haven't been to a wedding in 2 years that I wasn't hired for. And I think even if i DID go to a wedding JUST because I was friends with the couple, I would have a hard time not snapping photos. It's in our blood.