Tuesday, March 1, 2011

hell

day 169:


i think that people that go to hell are forced to stand in line at the DMV for eternity.


on my way to work today i realized that my vehicle registration was expired. and not just a little expired, like january expired.


so i thought it best to go straight to the DMV after work. 


when i got there i learned that, because my registration was expired and i had not yet passed emissions, i was going to have to be issued a temporary plate.


this temp will last me ten days... during which i must get my car inspected and go back to the DMV to renew my registration.


i won't rehash all of the details. i know you don't want to hear them, and believe me, i do not want to re-live them, but let's just say it was more of a hassle than it had to be...


ok, i will take part of the blame, but the DMV is not innocent in this! i should have had my car inspected long ago, and been prepared to renew. but the DMV was supposed to send me the renewal form, and they definitely did not. i would know if i slacked off and didn't mail it in. 

No comments: